Serving the Native Community Since 1996
The Montana Two Spirit Society formed in 1996 through a joint effort by Pride Inc. (Montana’s LGBT advocacy organization) and the Montana Gay Men’s Task Force to conduct an annual two spirit gathering. Over the years, the gathering has grown from a handful of participants to nearly 100 attendees from not only Montana but surrounding states as well. Tribes from all over the west are represented at the gathering.
Over the Years, The Montana Two Spirit Society has brought more awareness about two spirit and Native LGBT issues by:
• Marching at LGBT Pride Parades
• Hosting the International Two Spirit Gathering
• Conducting workshops and presentations at conferences, summits and retreats.
• Attending similar Two Spirit Gatherings around the country.
• Networking with other Two Spirit Societies around the country
•Collaborating with LGBT organizations such as the Western MT Community Center, Pride Network, and the Pride Foundation